   Re: [xml-dev] malfunctioning, evil adult as XML

Yes, I don't see how

<Poem>
   <@author>
      <@birth>1608</@birth>
   <@author>
<Poem>

is more usefull than

<Poem>
   <author>
      <birth>1608</birth>
   <author>
<Poem>

Perhaps to indicate that everything that starts with '@' is an attribute
  of it's parent? I thought that's what XML's hierarchical structure was
about.

On the other hand, I would enjoy the flexibility of

<foo bar="bla"/>

being the same as

<foo>
    <bar>bla</bar>
</foo>

as it would alow an attribute to be "promoted" to elements when
multi-valued.

Manos