   Re: [xml-dev] getting undisered results ,when trying to display japanes

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] getting undisered results ,when trying to display japanese characters
  • From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:55:14 -0500

Your file displays fine for me in IE 6 sp1, and also in Mozilla.  That makes
me think that your problem is that the Microsoft code is giving you UTF-16
output even though you might think you should get UTF-8.  This is a common
occurrence, and though I do not remember how to deal with it, you should be
able to find the answer on-line, since it has been answered often enough.

Cheers,

Tom P

[asim]

this my XSL file with japnese characters. if I transform it (my
transformation funtions is wriiten bellow the file)  it shows me "?"
question marks , plz help, i did saved this file as UTF-8 and using win2k
notepad.
But if i save this file as .htm and the see it in in IE browser it shows the
japanese character fine .... i have IE 6 SP1 and Msxml 4.0