   Re: [xml-dev] RE: Take 2 - How do you replace comments from XML?

Living in a MS world, you've got to take the bad with the good, I suppose.
If you are substituting your own content inside of <appSettings>,
I can see how leaving the comments in there would lead to a lot
of garbage in the file after a while.

I'm taking a guess that you need to
(a) simply delete all the children of the <appSettings> node
and/or
(b) use a method defined for the IXMLDOMCharacterData interface
(e.g. delete the character data associated with the comment)

Just a guess. You didn't really say what your program errors were.
I did a Google search, and turned up this page
which seemed to suggest the approach (IXMLDOMComment inherits methods
from IXMLDOMCharacterData):
http://doc.ddart.net/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_dg_5plt.htm

- Mitch
Who, BTW, firmly agrees with other posters in that using
comments as start-tags and end-tags is a Really Bad Idea.