   Re: [xml-dev] Life as an SGML Neanderthal (WAS RE: [xml-dev] The subset

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 05:24 pm, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> >Are they though? We have more and better tools, but the problems still
> > loom as large.
>
> They seem better to me.  Maybe it's just the company we keep. :-)

Maybe, and besides, now *everyone* is suffering with us, so it can't be *all*
bad ;-)

> There sure seems to be a momentum building out there to put an object
> layer over XML.

Which is fine if it makes the tools better for the people that want it.

> I forgot to mention drinking from the skulls of the
> usability engineers, and the unbelievable pleasure of
> grinding the bones of the ODA witch doctors.

Someone compared range algebra to ODA once... and I thought it was well and
truly buried ;-)