   Re: [xml-dev] RE: Take 2 - How do you replace comments from XML?

Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> The comments in this thread have also been unanimous in their ignorance of the .NET Framework machine.config file format.

Well the OP wants to do something with the file. It can't be done
(it seems, I'm not so sure about that), without hacking at comments.
Again, that suggests:

  * an abuse of the document
  * a badly designed document

take your pick.

> Seriously, if someone posted a message to XML-DEV about how they planed to process the XHTML on the W3C site by using the whitespace between elements which demarcates regions in the document, will we also see the same outpouring of recrimination against the W3C website authors for having "whitespace that demarcates regions" in their XML documents?

Apples and oranges. And worse, fruitless.

> This entire thread is very silly.

ROTFL.

Seeing as you've decided that every post in this thread is ignorant
about machine.config, perhaps you could advise the OP on an
appropriate course of action. We could all learn something from that.

Bill de hÓra