Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: Bill de hÓra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] RE: Take 2 - How do you replace comments from XML?
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 04:57:36 -0800
- Cc: "Danny Ayers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,<email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AcLj3oSAzg+H86tIQueKSHSTj/aamgAAPQxq
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] RE: Take 2 - How do you replace comments from XML?
Well assuming he knows what block he wants to remove he can place the machine.config file in a DOM, XPath to the node that he wants to remove & replace it. If he also wants to delete the preceding node if it is a comment he can simply check if its preceding sibling is a comment (and examine its text if necessary) then remove it as well.
Of course, it would help if the user explicitly stated what he wanted to do instead of talking in hypotheticals.
From: Bill de hÓra [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thu 3/6/2003 4:47 AM
To: Dare Obasanjo
Cc: Danny Ayers; email@example.com
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] RE: Take 2 - How do you replace comments from XML?
> This entire thread is very silly.
Seeing as you've decided that every post in this thread is ignorant
about machine.config, perhaps you could advise the OP on an
appropriate course of action. We could all learn something from that.
Bill de hÓra