   Re: [xml-dev] On the promotion and demotion of information items(was Re:

Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> *chuckle*
>
> You must be unfamiliar with program configuration files. Here's what a stereo typical configuration file looks like

Indeed, this thread is getting silly :)

> <config>
>
>  <!-- here are some settings -->
>
> <settings />
>
> <!-- examples -->
>
> <more-settings />
>
> <!-- examples, description -->
>
> <even-more-settings />

If a file was structured like that, there wouldn't be a problem. But
enough on pointless generalizations.

> The fact that some programmer decides that since every config block as comments preceding it uses that as significant to the logic in his application is no more the fault of a "badly designed format" than a format is to blame for people who use the existence of uppercase characters in an element name, whitespace delimiting elements or choice of quote character for attributes as significant.

Like I said, if you have useful advice on processing this file, I'm
sure the OP would like to hear it (I certainly would). But you still
haven't demonstrated your belief this document structure is sound,
and some programmer is going about things the wrong way.

Bill de hÓra