   Re: [xml-dev] RE: Take 2 - How do you replace comments from XML?

On Thursday 06 March 2003 15:42, Danny Ayers wrote:

> I'm curious Simon (or anyone) about how you would go about improving the
> representation of keys & values (or modelling when the solution seems to
> suggest keys & values).

Well I guess the objection is that XML already has a data model for keys and
values, so building another one on top is a waste.

Eg:

<key name="XXX" value="YYY" />

...might be written:

<XXX>YYY</XXX>

The name=... and value=... is perhaps pointless when XML already has a way of
associating a name with a value.

It might be compared to implement key/value pairs in Java using a List of
Maps, where each Map has keys called "NAME" and "VALUE"... as opposed to just
using a single Map.

> Cheers,
> Danny.

ABS