   Re: [xml-dev] Registered namespace prefixes

> If you're going to report an element and its attributes and attribute
> values as separate events, it means jumping back and forth.

When I feed C++ to my C parser, it doesn't work too well. :)
XML requires you to look ahead to the end of the start-element.
Yes this makes some parsing models harder to implement, and some easier.

Has anyone come up with an alternate proposal that allows you to mix
and match a document with elements that come from distributed creators?
I don't recall seeing one go by on the list.  If I missed it, please
respost the URL.  It seems to me that without distributed authority to
create names, XML is NIXML, non-interoperable.
        /r$