   FW: More on the xml-dev hosting situation from Lauren Wood

Forwarded on behalf of Lauren Wood:

Last week I was unsubscribed by the mailing list from xml-dev. No, I didn't
unsubscribe; for some reason the mailing list itself chose to not allow me
to directly receive the xml-dev pearls of wisdom (and going through the
archives on the web is not as much fun).

Since I noticed that I had been kicked off, and it wasn't just xml-
dev being quiet, I have been repeatedly trying to resubscribe using the
list manager. Nothing happens. No email to confirm subscription is sent. No
notice of anything is sent. No email from xml-dev appears in my inbox.

This has happened to several people, not just me, and not just Tim. I don't
know the mechanism by which the system chooses who may not subscribe;
everyone on this list should be prepared for the short straw to be pulled
on their behalf tomorrow.

I would like to be confident that when I have no email from xml-dev waiting
for me in the mornings, it's because none was sent, not because the system
threw me off. I don't think this is too much to ask of any organization
that volunteers to host a mailing list, especially one as important as
this.

regards,

Lauren