   Re: [xml-dev] FW: More on the xml-dev hosting situation from LaurenWood

My experiences with email lists:
I am subscribed to xml-dev and few yahoo mailing lists, for about 4 years
now. I use my official cs account for almost all the lists.

I have never had a problem so far with xml-dev, however, with respect to
yahoo groups (couple that I manage also), I have found that the server
checks for addresses that could be spammers and sometimes blocks them, or
even unsubscribes them. The yahoo server actually blocked my cs account
and other cs.ucla.edu accounts for a few days.

Also, I have visited xml-dev archives < 20 times. I have not had problems
actually. Yahoo lists i sometimes visit very regularly and have found that
couple of times yahoo servers have gone down, the archives are unavailable
etc. But I believe yahoo has also improved, and I do not think I have
noticed any problems with yahoo lists over the last 6 months at least.

moral of the story: My point is, I think we should try to improve it,
rather than give up on it. As a joke, if there is something that is really
bad that it probably cannot be improved is probably W3C's XML-Schema.. :)
But I think we should try to improve that also..

cheers and regards - murali.