   Re: [xml-dev] thank you, Robin Cover

Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre wrote:

> Although I am not as faithful as I once was, how many of
> you remember a time when you read Cover daily? (or do you still?)

Debbie,

You can do better than read it--pull his RSS feed
(http://xml.coverpages.org/covernews.xml), as I do for the XML intranet
home page that I maintain at LexisNexis.

And speaking of my XML work there, I'm often asked by co-workers
questions of the form "do you know anything about the XyZFooBarML
standard? It's an XML DTD/Schema for blah blah blah..." and then it
turns out that Robin has a whole XyZFooBarML page, and I can reply to
the e-mail a half hour later sounding convincingly like someone with a
good overview of where it came from and where it is. One thing that
makes these pages particularly useful is that Robin wades through the
self-congratulatory press releases from various software companies and
consortiums and extracts the important parts, saving us all tons of
time. Even just scanning the dates on the entries helps gauge activity
in a particular area. I could go on...

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
(NOTE: bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists;
please send private e-mail to bob@)