   Re: [xml-dev] Off Topic: Evolution of a Programmer

Ok, I'll byte. In C/C++, 2b is neither an identifier nor a constant. But then
if (0x2b & !0x2b) {
doesn't read as smoothly.
The & is a bitwise operator, whereas ! is a logical NOT. Did you mean
if (0x2b & ~0x2b) {
or
if (0x2b && !0x2b) {
Either way it comes out false.

Why stop there? Doesn't XML enable far deeper levels of convolution?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE doc SYSTEM "doc.dtd">
<doc>
   <para>Hello World</para>
</doc>

<!ELEMENT doc (para)+>
<!ELEMENT para (#PCDATA)>

<xsl:stylesheet
   version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="text"/>
<xsl:template match="para">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Niels Peter Strandberg wrote:
> Can you find the bug? The price is Helsingør castle!
>

> On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 04:28 PM, Niels Peter Strandberg wrote:
>
>> ============================
>> HAMLET
>> ============================
>>
>> if (2b & !2b) {
>>     out("That is the question!");
>> }
>>

>> From a dane (!prince), Niels Peter
>>

>> On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 10:58 AM, Michael Kay wrote:
>>
>>> I once saw a version that added:

>>> Ex-programmer who has been promoted to project manager
>>>
>>> "Write me a program that says 'Hello World'"

>>> Ex-programmer who has been promoted to CEO
>>>
>>> "What is the business benefit of all this code we are writing?"
>>>

>>> Michael Kay

[snip!]