   Re: [xml-dev] namespace conformance question

Oops - read that one too fast. Thanks James.

james anderson wrote:

> the problematic line is, in fact, that which was included in the original message.
>
> a conformant namespace processor cannot classify the cited document as
> wellformed, as the two attributes with qualified names n1:a and n2:a denote
> the same universal name. perhaps MS net explorer 6.0 has a "no namespaces"
> fallback mode?
>
> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
> >
> > Jimmy,
> >
> > The snippet below is actually missing a line, so without that missing
> > line it is legal.  The full snippet from the Namespaces in XML
> > recommendation is:
> >
> > <!-- http://www.w3.org is bound to n1 and n2 -->
> > <x xmlns:n1="http://www.w3.org";
> >    xmlns:n2="http://www.w3.org"; >
> >   <bad a="1"     a="2" />
> >   <bad n1:a="1"  n2:a="2" />
> > </x>
> >
> > Try this one and see what you get.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Joe Chiusano
> > Booz | Allen | Hamilton
> >
> > > zhengyu wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, I was reading XML namespace doc 14/Jan/99 version. One of the
> > > snippets that is supposed to be illegal seems OK with MS net explorer
> > > 6.0. It is shown below, and the bad element is named "bad."
> > >
> > > <!-- http://www.w3.org is bound to n1 and n2 -->
>
> strictly speaking, both n1 and n2 are bound to "http://www.w3.org";
>
> > > <x xmlns:n1="http://www.w3.org";
> > >    xmlns:n2="http://www.w3.org"; >
> > >   <bad n1:a="1"  n2:a="2" />
> > > </x>
> > >
> > > Do any microsoft people have any explanation for this?
> > >
> > > Jimmy

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano