   XML-DEV Directors

All,

I believe in democracy, but direct democracy is difficult even with today's
technology.  I fear we'll never reach a consensus that entire XML-DEV will
be happy with nor accept.  When Peter and Henry were running XML-DEV, they
made these types of decisions for us with our best interests in mind and we
accepted their decisions.  We lost our guardians when OASIS took over from
Peter and Henry.  Without such guardians, we will continue to drift and
stagnate.

OASIS may value us and provide needed services, but they ultimately can't
make decisions for us.  Funny thing is that neither can we.  Who owns
XML-DEV?  Who decides how to decide?  Looking further down the road, I fear
we are creating a rift that will eventually tear us apart whether we move or
not.

To break out of this dilemma, we must select a group of directors to serve
as guardians of XML-DEV so hard and pre-emptive decisions can be made
without attempting to count every grain of sand.  Selecting the directors
will be much easier and straight forward than trying to reach a consensus
decision on whether to move or not.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse