   UPDATE: Status on current list problems.

Last week I detailed in a message several bugs that some users were
reporting and a summary of their state.  Full details can be found in the
archive:

This is the current state of those four items:

1.  We have created some logging and monitoring scripts. These will help us
log explicit information about each unsub incident including how the mailing
list server handled the problem.  This ensures that there will be an
accurate recording of any problem to help us better diagnose possible list
bugs.

Bill Kearny suggested making a server log of such incidents open to the
public.  I'm not ready to release that level of information.  However, I
will create a page called bugfixes.txt that will live in the mail archive.
I'll post notes about problems and how they were resolved there. Expect to
find a copy of this message in there.

http://lists.xml.org/bugfixes.txt

2.  As stated in the earlier post. A bug was found in the mailing list
manager.  It was corrected and proper service is restored.

3.  We have taken htdig search engine off of the site and replaced it with a
google search for the time being. I hope to be able to find some time to
fully investigate search engine alternatives at some point.

4.  We have finished cleaning up the markup in the mailing list archives.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CONTACT JEFFREY LOMAS OR KARL BEST DIRECTLY if you have a
question, comment, or problem related to mailing lists or archives served
from lists.xml.org.

Regards,
Jeffrey Lomas
OASIS