   RE: [xml-dev] XML too hard for programmers?

  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML too hard for programmers?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:09:21 -0800

I read it. It reminds me of Joe Gregorio's posts on Regex-able XML[0,1] which makes similar complaints about working with XML that point to problems with APIs as opposed to problems with XML. Most of the suckage in XML is abstracted away by the XML Infoset and the technologies for processing infosets. If anything my top 15 list would mostly be complaints about APIs and maybe a gripe or two about QNames in content.

As for  Bradford's clean namespaces proposal, I didn't like it. It seemed like an overly verbose way of getting around the scoping issues that can exist in documents that conform to the Namespaces in XML recommendation.

[0] http://bitworking.org/news/40
[1] http://bitworking.org/news/42