   RE: [xml-dev] Access XML

> > The URN business is silly, but heck, it's a namespace URI.  Not like
> > you're supposed to _do_ anything with it, right?
>
> Er actually I'm not sure it really is a URI as in conforming to the
> appropriate RFCs - I'm not a URN expert but I really thought you were
> supposed to register your namespace before starting to grind
> URNs out to
> the world.  So no, I don't think this is acceptable.

I'm confused (again).  Isn't the namespace id a string conforming to the
format of a URI reference? You should be able to grind out tons of strings
that conform to URN format.   They're not acting as URNs, so they should be
valid.   Trademark issues aside.

'Scuse me... I have to go switch off the permathread entanglement warning
alarm now.