   RE: [xml-dev] Excel XML

> > - urn: scheme for namespace ids

> something revolving around RDDL with HTTP namespaces pointing to
> schema(s).microsoft.com. I'm quite disappointed this isn't the case.

Actually, it depends on the product.  The religion of using http: URIs
to identify namespaces has not spread throughout all of MSFT yet, but
this seems to be the trend.

I personally think http: URIs for namespaces (and especially RDDL) are a
rotten idea that pollutes the semantics of URIs and confuses people.
But I have relented to peer pressure and the weight of convention, and
am now using http: URIs for namespace names.