   Re: [xml-dev] Access XML

On Thursday 20 March 2003 18:56, Jeff Lowery wrote:
> > From: Alaric B. Snell [mailto:alaric@alaric-snell.com]
> > But you're supposed to only use URLs you control.
>
> I'm not allowed to use www.example.com?

According to the relevant RFC (which I can't find off of the top of my head),
the ownership of that domain is in some kind of quasi public domain state or
owned by the IETF or something, and they have granted people the right to use
it in examples.

So they've devolved a form of control of it to the public :-)

ABS

--
A city is like a large, complex, rabbit
 - ARP