   RE: [xml-dev] Access XML

Actually, if you click the link it tells you (RFC 2606).

<snip>
> So they've devolved a form of control of it to the public :-)

I was being just a tad peevish.   I wouldn't say, though, that control has
been devolved to the public;  the Network Working Group has defined the
context under which those domains can be used. I'm allowed to use such
domains, but only under the conditions which were granted by the NWG.

Their authority is largely hollow, however.  True, I can't set up a domain
with one of the 4 reserved domain names, but nobody can prevent me from
using such names as basis for namespace identifiers outside the prescribed
context.  I may get tarred, feathered, and rode out of xml-dev on a rail,
but that was bound to happen anyway for abuse of haiku threads.

Later,

Jeff