   OASIS/W3C (was XPointer REC)

todd.glassey@worldnet.att.net (todd glassey) writes:
>there are a lot of people working on critical things here in OASIS -

I'm trying to sort this out - are you suggesting that xml-dev is a
hotbed of OASIS activity?  It's generally not, though OASIS hosts the
list.

>no other Standards Org's protocols have dealt with this as the
>XML ones do to date.

For better or worse, the W3C created the XML specification originally,
and continues to have a lot of XML activity.  See, for example:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml
http://www.w3.org/XML/

I'm just not sure what you're trying to suggest about the relationships
between OASIS and the W3C.  It's been a while since anyone's explained
them formally, I guess.  These might be helpful links.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/02/xtech/bosak.html
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/04/10/oasis/index.html
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/01/17/oasisprocess.html
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/04/10/standards/w3c/index.html