   RE: [xml-dev] [ANN] XML Standards Library 2.0 : Updated 2003-03-26

>Since windows help is nothing more than "compiled" HTML,
>it should be be
>  quite easy for the creators of the XML Standards Library to create a
>plain HTML or Java Help version usefull to the rest of us...
they have no particular requirement to do so, I hope you agree, they are
doing this as a service, I suppose to in some part demonstrate their
competence with the .chm format, xml, and associated technologies.
Anyone else wants to do it with java, etc. could do it themselves. Aside
from that any .chm file can be uncompiled with the html help workshop.

The use of ordinary html would not maintain the search/indexing
capabilities of the .chm file though. Never could stand java help for
aesthetic reasons. Personally I prefer documents in pdf format read in
Adobe Glassbook reader or whatever it's called nowadays.