   Re: [xml-dev] Word XML

> [Again, please trim replies.]
>
> bill@dehora.net (Bill de hÓra) writes:
> >It would be worth firing up a copy of Oo for a side by side comparison.
>
> That's a bit of a challenge.  Oo didn't like opening the Word .doc file
> that included the extra markup, and it discarded the graphic and it's
> associated VML.  Oo also stores the XML information in multiple files
> rather than in one file (or multiple files inside of zip, anyway.)
>
> Here are the four pieces, minus the manifest. The content.xml file,
> probably the one people are most interested in, is first.

[SNIP]

Hmm.  I've examined OOo saved filed for docs I edited from scratch, and
they're usually much simpler than this.  Maybe the import from Word mode also
kicks in an "import inscrutable XML generator" feature?  :-)

Universal Business Language (UBL) - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/l
ibrary/x-think16.html
EXSLT by example - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-exslt.html
The worry about program wizards - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=7238