   Re: [xml-dev] XML into SQL and out again

Neile,

Here's a powerpoint presentation and a number of example SQL
scripts that illustrates our XML, XSLT, XPath, SQL/XML,
XML Schema, Relational views of XML, XML views of relational data,
XPath-query-rewrite-to-use-existing indexes, ability to index
XPath expressions, and other things...

It was the talk I gave on this at XML Europe 2002

http://www.geocities.com/smuench/ann-xdb-demo.zip

Here's the homepage for more info on the XML Database features
built-in to current production Oracle9i database, downloadable today:

http://otn.oracle.com/tech/xml/xmldb/content.html

This technology has been production for almost a year now.

XQuery support coming in the future. We have a prototype up on
our OTN site for now...

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Java/XML Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE Development with the Oracle BC4J Framework
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Dive into BC4J at http://radio.weblogs.com/0118231/
Building Oracle XML Apps, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp