   RE: [xml-dev] XML into SQL and out again

> I guess my main concern at the moment is whether to use attribute or
> element based tagging here...i still don't know what the exact
> implications of my choice will be...what I need is a bunch of

I'm not sure if attribute vs. element will make much difference here.
Both are fairly easy to map to relational.  If you want to make it so
that you do not even need to maintain a mapping, you can use the default
mapping (which is use attribute names for column names and element names
for table names).

You could also shop around for a standard address-book schema and use
that.  DSML is one common scheme -- if you go through the extra work to
make Quark and SQL Server deal with DSML, then both will also work with
any other DSML-aware product.  It's extra work, though, so only if you
care :-)