   Re: [xml-dev] Full text search with XML input in Oracle?

[Jack Liu]
> I need to do a full text search web application for a
> library based on Oracle database. I will use XML file
> as input and store them in Oracle, the search should
> do not only for text but also for different tags or
> elements. e.g search "hello" from title or from
> article. That means do not convert XML file into ASCII
> file which will be stored in DB.
> Can Oracle(Intermedia text or Oracle Text) do this?
> Any suggestion or referrence?

This is not exactly what you asked for since it is not Oracle-based, but
read this very interesting paper, since it will show you what can be
achieved -

"Case Study: Enabling Low-Cost XML-Aware Searching Capable of Complex

by Brandon Jockman, W. Eliot Kimber,  and Joshua Reynolds

Tom P