   RE: [xml-dev] If XML is too hard for a programmer, perhaps he'd b e

> > No, I'm saying that it doesn't provide any way for me to
> say "please
> > don't process the contents of this CDATA section as text; please
> > process it as if the CDATA section wasn't there."
> >
> <snip/>
> >
> > I'm not interested in suppressing the event, but rather on
> suppressing
> > its effect on the parser.

If speed of development is more important to you than speed of
execution, you can handle this kind of document in Saxon by using the
saxon:parse() extension function from within a stylesheet to parse the
text nodes in which the markup was escaped - so long as you know which
these are.

Michael Kay