   RE: [xml-dev] If XML is too hard for a programmer, perhaps he'd b e

> > More creatively, there may also be times where the use of CDATA
> sections is appropriate, so simply nuking all of them isn't the right
answer

> Yeah, exactly -- use CDATA (or escaped XML) when you want a
> text node. That is actually a whole lot of cases.

I always suspect that software that blindly wraps everything in CDATA
sections regardless of its content is probably not bothering to check
whether the text contains "]]>".

But as other current threads show, there are a lot of folks out there,
including some who work for absurdly profitable software companies, who
reckon that if it works 99.99% of the time, that's good enough.

Michael Kay