   Re: [xml-dev] Interpreter for a subset of Knuth's MMIX in pure XSLT

[Sean McGrath]>
> As an exercise in XSLT programming, we in Propylon have implemented a MMIX
> Interperter (http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/mmix.html) in pure
XSLT.

> A sample program that calculates PI is embedded with the interpreter. It
> can be found at:
>          http://www.propylon.com/pimix.zip

Fascinating!  It worked with Saxon but not with MSXML or Xalan-Java.  They
think there is an illegal xsl:param somewhere (I can not tell where), but I
bet that is an incorrect error message.  Could they have a limit on number
of parmeters that is getting exceeded?

Cheers,

Tom P