   RE: [xml-dev] XML's Scylla and Charybdis - parse and regexp

  • To: "Sean McGrath" <sean.mcgrath@propylon.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML's Scylla and Charybdis - parse and regexp
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 05:29:03 -0800

As far as I'm concerned there is an XML data model. It's currently specced by the W3C and is named the XQuery & XPath 2.0 data model.
It'sXML infoset based, meets most of the requirements of people like Joe Gregorio who want regex-able XML and works well for both untyped or typed data.

The name is a mouthful, so I tend to call it the XPath data model for short although I've recently taken to calling it the XML data model.