   RE: [xml-dev] E4X

donpark@docuverse.com (Don Park) writes:
>Therefore, I am reserving my judgment on E4X.  Also, I am not going to
>use it if it is going to be proprietary.  Is there something lighter
>than Weblogic Workshop that I can use to try out?

That's pretty much where I am, though too many years of JavaScript work
have also left some scars.  Breaking the API barrier to use syntax
directly is definitely interesting, but I'm not sure that ECMA object
structures are the vehicle I'd have chosen.

I'm also looking for better information on this stuff - even in my data
work, I really do want mixed content on a regular basis, and I wonder
how/if this copes with that.  My hope is that they've at least thought
about that issue.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!