   RE: [xml-dev] E4X

> > And I'm finding myself left pretty cold about this generally.  Maybe
> > there's something more to it, but this looks pretty much like XPath Lite
> > with ECMAScript object syntax.  Maybe that's what people want.
>
> It's pretty much what *I* want ... the basic idea from data binding that

I like the general approach, but find the syntax irksome.  Still, I found
Python's significant whitespace irritating until I started using Python.  I
also liked XSLT initially, but I found it disgusting to use in complex
use-cases.  Therefore, I am reserving my judgment on E4X.  Also, I am not
going to use it if it is going to be proprietary.  Is there something
lighter than Weblogic Workshop that I can use to try out?

Best,

Don Park
http://www.docuverse.com/blog/donpark