   Re: [xml-dev] Re: REX: XML Shallow Parsing with Regular Expressions

[Colin Muller]

> On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 05:26:01PM -0500, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> > For all you Perl hackers - have you seen this?
> >
> > http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~cameron/REX.html
>
> This is used in Paul Kulchenko's XML::Parser::Lite, which is part of
> the SOAP::Lite set of modules in the XML section of CPAN.

I experimented with this in Python a few years ago when I first came across
it.  I seem to remember that I had some problems with attributes (I forget
all the details), and either had to modify some of the REs or had to be
careful about how I used them.  But they do work.

Cheers,

Tom P