   RE: [xml-dev] On the aparent importance of emoticons (was "Design as, on

  • To: 'Bill de hOra' <bill@dehora.net>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] On the aparent importance of emoticons (was "Design as, one hopes, not premature optimization")
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:51:14 -0600
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

I find a lot of it to be very funny. :-)

Imagine blogs read by bots to people who think bots are
funnier than other people.   Now the content of the
web begins to merge without boundaries into an animated
web.  The future isn't the Semantic Web; the future is
the Game Web.  We are players in a medium that is to
what is to come as DOS command line adventures are
to DOOM and Quake.

It isn't hard to predict the future.  Humans are terribly
consistent about what they want from it and technology
that doesn't meet those wants doesn't thrive anymore
than organisms without an energy niche.

len

From: Bill de hOra [mailto:bill@dehora.net]

That one of us has no sense of humour? Nah, I prefer blaming the
medium. Email sucks for funnies.