Lists Home |
Date Index |
> You haven't told the SVG renderer where to render the image.
I simplified my example to be as bare bones as possible. The reference
source I used was:
Which admittedly doesn't appear to work right unless it's embedded (above
shows no image in Opera, a cutoff image in IE; both with Adobe SVG 3.0
> Try adding x and y attributes to the <image> element with appropriate
Which I did have originally, along with absolute paths.
> Also, in your namespace declaration for the XLink namespace you have three
> forward slash characters, rather than two.
And that was it:
a) failed silently with the Adobe plugin;
b) DisplayMagick displayed the images (perhaps guessing based on the xlink
c) Batik Squiggle 1.5b noted that "the attribute xlink:href of the element
<image> is required", which is kind of a curious error since 1) xlink is a
prefix, not a namespace; 2) the namespace declaration itself was invalid,
yet didn't cause an error (in any of the programs)
Now, if we only has a short-identifier registry for namespaces that would
get rid of these funky declarations altogether... not that I want to start
*that* thread again. I suppose if I learned to type it might help, also.