   Re: [xml-dev] Draft US Government policyon XML Namespaces

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> I think the reasoning in this paper needs more clarification. Some issues are minor pedantic points such as where they seem to imply that prefixes are required for namespace qualified elements and others are more significant such as where they advise against using URLs as namespace identifiers because they aren't required to be dereferencable.

i'd be curious about the reasoning behind the claim that, even though each
federal xml namespace has an assigned three-letter "federal xml registry
information prefix", multi namespace documents are possible with schemas only,
because "DTDs do not support namespace prefixing."