-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Champion [mailto:mc@xegesis.org]

Well, that's the classic answer to the question "Does XML have Buddha
nature?"

Doing horrible violence to http://www.tarunupadhyay.com/koans.html ...

One day Bray-tzu was posting to xml-dev. "How delightful it is that XML is
syntax, for that is the source of all interoperability" Bray-tzu exclaimed.
"You have not seen all XML applications to know the source of
interoperability," Cowan-tzu and Kay-tzu exclaimed. "How do you know that
the Infoset is not the source of all interoperability?" "You are not me,"
Bray-tzu said. "How do you know that I do not know of all XML
applications?"

Shuzan pointed to a SOAP parser and said, "If you call this an XML parser,
you oppose its conformity. If you do not call it an XML parser, you ignore
its reality. Now what do you wish to call this?"

A monk asked Chimon, "Before the entity reference has merged into the
Infoset, what is it?" Chimon said, "an entity reference." The monk pursued,
"After it has come into the Infoset what is it?" Chimon replied, "beats the
hell outta me!"