   Re: [xml-dev] specialized list construct. suggestions?

Hi Paul,

Well, outside have having listHeading as an optional first element of a
regular list, I see it this way: if you have a special list with the
special element as its first element, then you have a special list with
its own name (e.g. "headedList"). If you have a special name for a list
with a special first element, then (as long as the special element is
always first) you no longer need to identify the special element--you
could just have this special list type for which the first element was
always special.

This is just thinking through the possibilities. I was just curious
which of the possibilities had been implemented anywhere, and it looks
like the optional special first element of a "regular" list is the most
sensible.

Bob