   RE: [xml-dev] Reply-to munging

Joe English <jenglish@flightlab.com> wrote:

> Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> > Uche Ogbuji writes:
> > >The question of whether or not to munge reply-to is a guaranteed
> > >flame-war starter, but I just wanted to put in my 2c that XML-DEV
> > >does this rightly, regardless of other technical issues.
> >
> > And I agree with Uche on this point, adding that I wish more people
> > would trim the recipients list when they reply.
>

> +1.
>
> Also, if posters would reply To: the list (as Simon just did)
> instead of To: the sender and Cc: the list (as Uche just
> did), then "Reply to list" will have a better chance of
> working in most MUAs.

I have no problem with the "munging" of the "reply to". That is indeed how I
expect a mailing list to work.  What I've been seeing is that I've got to do
a "reply to all" to get things to the list instead of a simple "reply".  If
Simon's postings had been directly to the list, I believe a simple reply
would have worked, but instead I keep finding myself needing to do a
reply-to all to get things back to the list. (for example, to get a reply to
the list for this e-mail.)  Something's different WRT to xml-dev then the
other lists I work with...