   Re: [xml-dev] Reply-to munging

> I have no problem with the "munging" of the "reply to". That is indeed how I
> expect a mailing list to work.  What I've been seeing is that I've got to do
> a "reply to all" to get things to the list instead of a simple "reply".  If
> Simon's postings had been directly to the list, I believe a simple reply
> would have worked, but instead I keep finding myself needing to do a
> reply-to all to get things back to the list. (for example, to get a reply to
> the list for this e-mail.)  Something's different WRT to xml-dev then the
> other lists I work with...

From my reading of Simon's and Joe's messages, the three of us know that's
what you mean.  And we disagree with you that it's a bad thing to have to use
reply-to-all.  From what you say it seems that the other lists you frequent
use reply-to munging.  I think that's nasty, and I gather many others agree
with me.  To be fair, there are prople who swear by it, and that's why I said
it's such a flammable topic.

Simon and Joe also make a separate admonishment to me to trim headers, which I
too often fail to do in EXMH.

Gems From the [Python/XML] Archives - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/04/09/py-xml.html
Introducing N-Triples - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think17/index.html
Use internal references in XML vocabularies - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipvocab.html