   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: White Paper - "Using OWL to Avoid Syntactic Rigor Mo

From: "Uche Ogbuji" <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>

> Dou you have an XSLT implementation for this, yet?  I'd guess you'd need EXSLT
> (at least dyn:evaluate()) to make it work.

Actually only vanilla XSLT is required.  Abstract patterns just require a preprocess to do
macro-expansion. (The guiding rule of symbolic/text processing is to things in a pipeline.)

I posted sample beta implementations on the schematron-love-in maillist a couple of weeks ago,
by way of a progress report.The abstract schema implementation is at  http://www.topologi.com/resources/tmp/ISOprepro.xsl
(bug reports & improvements welcome: e.g. probably this code has a problem when
one parameter name is an initial substring of another, later parameter name of the
same pattern). Barring unforeseens, 1.6 should be out this weekend.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe