   Re: [xml-dev] Re:What is XML's appropriate place in an office suite?

Sean McGrath scripsit:

> As for open source or open data - I'll take Open Data any day (and no,
> open source does not
> imply open data).

Open source makes closed data impossible in the long run, since the
code cannot be obfuscated (see the Open Source Definition), and at
worst the code serves to document the data in a reconstructible way.
One of the characteristics of open-source development is that the
code and documentation often come from entirely different sources.

> Openness is an attitude - not a syntax.

Amen!

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I am surrounded by dwarves."