   Re: [xml-dev] Could you take a look at my XMLSchema and/or XMLSpy proble

From: "JPhil Sam" <dexgrohl@hotmail.com>

> Hi, i'm a new user of this list!
>
> I have some problem with my schema.  It make two days that i'm searching for
> the problem. I would like to know if this schema is well written. Could you
> please tell me ?

The schema at http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_rootv1p2p1.xsd
attempts to define a namespace for the xml prefix.  This is asking
for trouble: attempting to define the XML namespace or declare
the xml prefix (even if you are defining it to the correct namespace)
is an edge case which is prudent to avoid.

So if no-one else on XML-DEV has a better suggestion, you might try
making a local copy of the IMS schema, but using some other namespace
prefix instead of XML on line 4, e.g.
            xmlns:myxml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe