   Re: [xml-dev] schema to require than an element have *no* text

At 02:34 PM 4/22/03 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Ray Tayek <rtayek@attbi.com> writes:

> > >oh, great! looks like i did the right thing by accident :)
> >
> > or almost. using the .xsd and .xml files below (the same as before i
> > think) which has  no content="mixed" in it, with a hacked up version
> > of the traverse program from harold's book, i get stuff like:  "
> > \n\t\t\t" i.e. space, line-feed, and some tabs ...
> > looks like the pretty printing is getting me. but the xml file
> > validates against the schema (using xmlspy).
>
>Not sure what your question is, but XMLSpy is correct here -- W3C XML
>Schema, as XML 1.0 DTDs, allows whitespace between the elements
>governed by an element-only content model.

ok, so it is valid legal as it stands.

my question is: is there a way to write the schema or use a later verson of
xml or xmlschema in such a way as to ignore this white space or consider it
not to be an element. i can probably hack it with code by seeing if it
contains no non-space characters, but it would be nice if jdom would not
consider this to be a text element.

i don't mind the white space. i just don't want to "see" it as an element.

thanks

---
ray tayek http://tayek.com/ actively seeking mentoring or telecommuting work
vice chair orange county java users group http://www.ocjug.org/