   Re: [xml-dev] Data streams and schema use and identification

Dan Vint scripsit:

> I was sort of looking at the targetNamespace as providing some of the
> benefit of the public identifier if you followed the process of putting a
> version number in the URL and changed it with each significant change.

So it can, provided you remember that its presence is merely a hint and
Schema-based tools need not respect it.

RFC 3151 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3151.txt) explains how to map a
public identifier (either an FPI or not) into a URI suitable for use
either as a namespace name or as a schema identification hint.

> But how many people are working with more than one schema?

For me it's routine to use different schemata at different stages of
processing.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      jcowan@reutershealth.com
Be yourself.  Especially do not feign a working knowledge of RDF where