   [Fwd: [Fwd: [xml-dev] Adobe "integrates" XML]]

A few weeks back, several folks had questions on an announcement of
Adobe's new XML architecture. At that time I checked with my (very busy)
primary Adobe contact, and she provides the answers in the forwarded
e-mail.

As a refresher, the original posting was:

<Quote1>
In a press release dated today (April 7), Adobe announces
> "integration"
> > of XML:
> >
> > http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200304/040
> 703XMLPDF.html
>
> It's a little hard to glean facts from all the marketing
> blather, but it
> sounds like Adobe will be releasing a series of tools to make
> it easier to
> convert documents authored in XML to PDF.
</Quote1>

And followup postings were:

<Quote2>
> Good news. My questions now are, where's the schema and does
> it work with
> Acrobat 6.0? Anybody know? -Mike

a) Don't know where the schema is
b) yes, it does work with A/B 6.0, but I don't have the details.  More
info:
    http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=2724
    http://news.com.com/2100-1012-995639.html

It's basically XML data in PDF, not PDF data in XML.  Some mention of
dynamic forms (XForms?), also.
</Quote2>

Hope this helps.

Joe Chiusano