   Re: [xml-dev] Data streams and schema use and identification

At 09:37 AM 4/25/2003 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>How not?  You are free to define a usage protocol within your
>company/consortium/application which _does_ require xsi:schemaLocation
>and does _require_ that it be respected.  It's easy to check the PSVI
>to see that these requirements have been respected.

You don't know my members!

I was looking for an official and standard position from the W3C that I
could point to not something I was going to make up. If I could have said,
see it is here is sect x.3 do this, then I could easily have them do that.
If I'm making our own rule then I may have to fight harder to get that
through. I like that fact that XForms has something might be able to point
to and say "See someone else thought this was important enough they made a
method of their own".

Also I was just sort of surprised at the position/direction taken here. As
I indicated it was rather contrary to the old world I was used to and
comfortable with.

I still think a XML Schema Catalog approach would be useful and more
manageable that what is currently here. This catalog would identify:
         - a family name for a set of:
                 - DTDs
                 - W3C schema
                 - RleaxNG schema
                 - schematron etc
         - Each of these different schemas would then have a system
location, potentially a series of these for each type.

..dan