   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Article on using RDF to provide extensibility and mod

On Thursday, 24 April 2003 at 20:34, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> I do, however, mind people who think that RDF is a way to fix XML.
> Maybe they could all go fix ASN.1 instead. ;->
XML doesn't need fixing. Using XML to solve certain classes of
problems where extensibility of the data model is required does need a
general solution. I'm sure you could represent the RDF data model in
ASN.1 but I haven't tried it.

> (Value mixed content?  Then XML is probably helpful.  Don't value mixed
> content?  Find something that fits your needs, and don't waste time
> fixing XML.)
Funny. Mixed content on really makes sense in the XML/SGML domain.
What does it mean to have mixed content in a CSV file?

- Ian <iand@internetalchemy.org>
"Minds are like books - they work best when open"