   Re: [xml-dev] Roger Costello: My Version of "Why use OWL?"

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Wow.  This is where I really have to wonder if OWL is Karl Popper's
> revenge on the world, a naive view of useful information as a collection
> of facts, "objective knowledge".

Revenge? Is this a problem? :-) Indeed it is common practice to informally
refer to a particular collection of triples as a "knowledge base"

> Oh well.  Too far from markup - can we talk about elements and
> attributes again?

I expect that any statement that is strictly limited to elements and
attributes has already been made, or else is a rehash of another statement
that has already been made, probably originating in the XML 1.0 rec itself
modulo some issues with what really is UNICODE etc...

Jonathan